- Oct 27, 2017 Employee of the Month: October Kelly Dalton was chosen as the Benchmark Tool & Supply Employee of the Month for October, 2017.
- Apr 18, 2017 Employee Spotlight Congratulating Ian Watkins on receiving Alumni Award from Virginia Tech.
- Dec 7, 2016 Leap Second Effect On Topcon GNSS Receivers & The Solution! .
- Oct 24, 2016 James River Equipment, Benchmark Tool & Supply Jointly Host Skeet Shoot Customer Appreciation Event
- Sep 21, 2016 Fast 40 NC Business Benchmark is named #15 among top growing businesses in NC
Benchmark Tool & Supply is proud to congratulate Ian Watkins on receiving the Outstanding Recent Undergraduate Alumni Award from Virginia Tech University. As a Precision Agriculture Specialist at Benchmark, Ian performs outstanding support, training, installs and sales in the Ashland, Virginia area.
Ian graduated from Virginia Tech in 2009 with a degree in Agriculture Technology. After graduating, Ian jumped right into the agriculture field by travelling out west harvesting crops. Later, he joined Hoober, Inc as a Precision Farming Specialist. While at Hoober, Ian assisted in Ag Tech and Crop Management labs at Virginia Tech, providing students with access to hands-on learning experiences. In addition to his lab support, Ian was instrumental in Hoober’s gift of a Case IH tractor to the university’s crop production farm which gave students access to the newest technology on the market.
Ian uses his experience and passion for agriculture to better the lives of farmers, “At the end of the day, my goal is to give farmers a tool that increases their efficiency, cuts back on waste and saves them money.”